Thursday, October 6, 2011

READ PINK!

So I happened upon this event while reading a newsletter I received in my inbox - raising money for Breast Cancer is important to me as it runs in my family. So when I saw this program and that there were so many wonderful female authors participating to raise money for such an amazing cause I knew right away that I needed to write a blog post about it to get the word out there. (I did not happen upon a Canadian version of this event, so I'm posting the US info that I found in their newsletter and from their website). This cause is dear to my heart and it's so easy to donate to, considering many of us would purchase these books anyway - so why not buy the ones with the READ PINK™ symbol?

Penguin Group (USA) has a very wonderful promotion going on this month for Breast Cancer Month.

This is the second year for this event and there are some amazing authors participating this year. Penguin Group (USA) is offering the following eight bestselling titles by female authors in a special Read Pink™ edition. The participating authors are Bertrice Small, Amanda Quick, Lynn Kurland, Catherine Anderson, Lauren Willig, Christina Dodd, Jillian Hunter, and Nora Roberts.


About READ PINK

www.penguin.com/readpink
Read Pink™ was created by Penguin Group (USA) to recognize the contributions of those leading the fight against breast cancer. As one of the largest English-language trade book publishers in the world, we are committed to our readers who have shared in this struggle. According to BCRF, Penguin's 2010 Read Pink™ donation sponsored 500 hours of research time.
We invite our readers to join Penguin Group (USA) in spreading the word about The Breast Cancer Research Foundation by selecting a copy of these special editions.

**All information in this post is borrowed from the Penguin Group (USA) page regarding Read Pink Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...