Friday, October 7, 2011

INTERACTIVE! This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel

Okay the other day I was walking through my local Chapters bookstore and I came upon this really cool cardboard stand in the middle of the YA section. For the life of my I could not get the This Dark Endeavor app to download on my cell phone so I could see what this was all about. BUT they did have a million bookmarks beside the stand so I nabbed a few. You were supposed to be able to download the app on your Android phone and then use it to locate the correct book on this bookcase to unlock something cool. I was dissappointed that my phone would not download the app, so I left with my bookmarks.

Upon getting home and looking at the bookmarks further, I found that you could go to the website www.kennethoppel.com/secrets and you could click a spot on the screen that activates your webcam. Then you hold up the bookmark with the symbol on it and as soon as the webcam catches the symbol at the right size it loads a really neat video. If you do not have the bookmark, you can actually download one to use too. So go check it out. This book sounds pretty amazing and I would love to read it back to back with Frankenstein. 

Victor Frankenstein leads a charmed life. He and his twin brother Konrad and their beautiful cousin Elizabeth take lessons at home and spend their spare time fencing and horseback riding. Along with their friend, Henry, they have explored all the hidden passageways and secret rooms of the palatial Frankenstein chateau. Except one.
The Dark Library contains ancient tomes written in strange languages, and filled with forbidden knowledge. Their father makes them promise never to visit the library again, but when Konrad becomes deathly ill, Victor knows he must find the book that contains the recipe for the legendary Elixir of Life.
The elixir needs only three ingredients. But impossible odds, dangerous alchemy, and a bitter love triangle threaten their quest at every turn.
Victor knows he must not fail. But his success depends on how far he is willing to push the boundaries of nature, science, and love – and how much he is willing to sacrifice.


2 comments:

  1. I just read it in plain old book form, and it was indeed a pretty amazing book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it wasn't a way to read the book, it's to see a really cool video! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...