Friday, February 11, 2011

What a nice surprise - SNOWDROPS!

Snowdrops
I opened my email tonight and found this pretty little picture of some snowdrops from my good friend Barb, from over at Sugarbeat's Books. She said she had been walking by a patch of them every day and kept thinking of taking a picture for me.

FLOWER MEANINGS

Snowdrops are a symbol of new beginnings, hope, purity and consolation. They say just to look at a snowdrop can help soothe the hearts wounds. They are an elegant symbol of optimism and virtue. 

In mythology, it is said that after Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden, an angel visited the weeping Eve and after catching a snowflake on his hand, he blew on it and as it landed to the ground turned into a snowdrop which then brought hope comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...