Saturday, June 4, 2011

Review: No Future For You (Buffy Season 8, Vol 2)

No Future For You (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight, Volume 2)No Future For You  (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 2)
Release date: 10/31/2007 
Publisher: Dark Horse Comics (Dark Horse Books)
Pages: 136
Source: NetGalley
Buy the Book: Amazon

When a rogue debutant Slayer begins to use her power for evil, Giles is forced to recruit the rebellious Faith, who isn’t exactly known for her good deeds. Giles offers Faith a clean slate if she can stop this snooty Slayer from wreaking total havoc--that is, if Buffy doesn’t beat her to it.

I actually enjoyed reading this second graphic novel in the Season 8 series of Buffy. I thought I might not like these as much as the actual show, but they aren't half bad.

I loved that Faith is back. Her character is just as contradictory in this series as it ever was - one minute trying to do the right thing and next being the mean and spiteful girl we all know and love. She's harsh, rude and gets to the point. Oh how I've missed her.

And then we have the interaction between Buffy and Willow... where the tension is still there and I can't wait to see what happens with this scarred friendship.

I loved that Buffy and Faith run across each other and duke it out yet again. The trust isn't there, though they are fighting the same fight.

I'll be trekking through the rest of the series in the next week or two. I think it's going to be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...