Thursday, June 13, 2019

How many unread books are currently sitting on my shelves?

So this weekend I watched a BookTube video called Turning Around EVERY UNREAD Book On My Shelves, by Holly Hearts Books, about turning all of the unread books spine to the back of the bookcase to show how many unread books were on her bookshelves. I think this can be an eye opener once you've done it and I was inspired to try the same thing with my shelves to see what ratio of read:unread I have on my own shelves.

It was an eye opener, but I know if I had done this before our move in November it would have looked far worse. I purged an awful lot of books both read and unread in preparation for the move. I knew since we were downsizing that I'd need to pare down the piles and piles I owned.

Here are the before and after pictures:




So based on my pictures that I've posted I have 80 unread books and 75 read books on my shelves. EEP! I need to get tackling these or do another purge?

How many unread books are on your shelves? Does it bother you that you have so many? Does it stop you from buying more? Let me know in the comments.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...