Sunday, September 9, 2012

Scotiabank Giller Prize 2012: Longlist Announcments

The Scotiabank Giller Prize 2012 Longlist was announced this week. So I thought I'd write up a quick post about it because even though I do not read as many books from such a list, I love supporting local bookish events.

This is the 19th year for the Giller Prize and there are 13 titles on the longlist. So check them out below and let me know if you've read any of the titles. The ones I am most excited to read are The Emperor of Paris by CS Richardson and Y by Marjorie Celona.




The shortlist will be revealed on October 1st!

For more info on the Scotiabank Giller Prize check out these articles:
-A Publisher's Year: Getting to the Giller (The National Post)
-About the Scotiabank Giller Prize
-IFOA - Shortlist Finalists author readings - ticketed event

Website | Twitter | Facebook

6 comments:

  1. I've read 3 of the books: The Imposter Bride, 419 and Y, and thought they were all good, especially 419. I really want to read Everybody Has Everything. That one looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm maybe I will put 419 on that TBR list too. :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of them, but I want to read Ru and Y!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by the post. I definitley want to read Y!

      Delete
  3. I haven't even heard of any of this! Totally going to Goodreads right now to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all Canadian authors. :) Hope you find something fun to read from the list. :)

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...