Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bookie Brunch Trick or Treat Blog Hop!

Welcome to Bookie Brunch: Trick or Treat 

Bookie Brunch is a weekly book chat for book lovers. A new Bookie Brunch posts every Sunday, and you're welcome to join any ongoing discussion whenever you like.

In the meantime, let's have some treats for Halloween. 
Just click on the badges at the end of the post, for a new treat!

Here's a treat from Chrystal @ Snowdrop Dreams of Books:

Today's faeture is FICTIONAL WITCHES!

There have been so many great books with witches in them, so I thought I'd list a few of my favourite ones and which books they are from. What is your favourite fictional witch?

Hermione Granger - from the Harry Potter series 
She reminds me so much of myself when I was young - always had my nose in a  book (still do), always looking to learn as much as she can, and kind of a know-it-all (I was that too). 

Winnie Flapjack - from Random Magic
Winnie is a witty and comical witch. She is quirky and adventurous. I figure she'd be a lot of fun to spend time with!

Elphaba - from Wicked
I found Wicked to be a wonderful view into the life of The Wicked Witch of the West before she truly became, well, wicked. :)

More about Bookie Brunch
 
 Bookie Brunch
*Every Sunday*
Founder: Sasha Soren (Random Magic)
Sweets for the sweet...
My favorite Halloween treat is
 
What's your favorite treat? Tell us!
  Feel free to leave a comment if you like, to share your fave treat or some other cool link for Halloween. Thanks for dropping by, and...

Happy Halloween!

Find more cute treats by clicking on any of the pix below:


6 comments:

  1. Fun post! I love Winnie and Hermione. I really should read Wicked sometime soon. :)

    Another favorite witch of mine would be Morwen from the Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede. I love her no-nonsense attitude and many cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have the series to read, but just haven't made it there yet. I'll be looking forward to this cat-lady witch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Harry Potter and Wicked, but Winnie is so cool I'm pretty sure she can beat all the other witches hands down. Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! I like the two sisters in Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman (both in the book and the movie). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Elphaba! (I am currently trying to guilt my boyfriend into getting me tickets to see Wicked)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @AimeeKay - Ooo that would be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...