Sunday, January 9, 2011

IMM (19)

In My Mailbox is a regular feature over at The Story Siren, who was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

This week I picked up a few great reads at my local used bookstore. Joan at Paperbacks Bookstore has been creating a new section in her bookstore for YA books. Since I have been in looking for them she decided to take my advice and create a spot in her store just for the YA books she seems to be getting lots of. She has been receiving so many great reads lately that she even emails me when she gets a new batch in so I can have first dibs. I work practically next door so I visit her regularly on my lunch hour. 

So here are the great books I got this week and she has a few others on hold for me until pay day. :)

Paranormalcy Before I Fall Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, Book 1)
Joan is such a great bookstore owner. She always listens to what you are looking for and remembers you. She will go out of her way to keep lists of the books you are looking for and asks advice on what is hot and up and coming. She is trying to get her website to look more up and coming and I suggested making a blog for her store so she can makes BOOK OF THE WEEK features and get her name out there more. I hope she can get more interest in her store for the younger generation.

12 comments:

  1. Nice! I love a good bookstore :)

    Have you had a chance to read the books I got you for Christmas? They looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan sounds great, I wish I could have a bookstore as her over here!

    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Aislynn - Not yet, I have some ARCs to get through first.

    @Gaby - She is pretty awesome.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- You are so lucky to a) work so close to an awesome bookstore and b) have such a great relationship with the owner!

    If you're picking up books like Paranormalcy and Before I Fall every week, I really would be stopping by every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Before I fall so bad.
    It looks and sounds amazing. [:

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Katie - She holds stuff she thinks I will like so if I can't make it in I'm not worried at all. :)

    @NerdyBookLover - I know... I couldn't believe my luck in finding it at the used book store in hardcover! :)
    Silly me though - I have so many books to read that I don't know when I will get to it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joan sounds awesome! I love it when bookstores/libraries start accumulating more YA books. It's great to see.

    I hope you enjoy your new books! I'm sure you've heard it a million times but Before I Fall is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Michelle... I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so nice of Joan to put those books aside for you and to let you know when they come! I'm sure you'll be loving those books you got this week! I haven't read Before I Fall yet (sitting on my shelf) but I've heard so many great things about it! Happy Reading Chrystal!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Liz! i have so many sitting on my shelf that need reading... yet I keep buying more. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like your bookstore is kickin'! I have a bookstore in my area and the owners are like Joan. They see me come in every week and will let me know if a book has come in that they think I will like.

    I hope you like Paranormalcy. That's one of my favorite books. Overall, a good haul. Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emi - Gotta love local bookstores like that! :)

    I'm looking forward to Paranormalcy.

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...